Within the GSN Community, we want to help you prioritise all areas of your health, including your personal wellbeing. We’re creatures of habit, so creating and adhering to a daily routine is the path to productivity, happiness, and fulfilling our true potential. Look at the lives of famously gifted and creative people such as Benjamin Franklin, Winston Churchill and Barack Obama. Routine was their secret weapon.
The main positive of routine is that it reduces the amount of decisions you have to make each day. In turn, this provides a sense of control and structure automatically. You can’t always control whether something goes wrong, but if you know you’ve got your routine to fall back on, you’ll maintain some control within your day. Resulting in reduced stress and anxiety.
MORE POSITIVES INCLUDE:
- Instils good habits & breaks bad habits
- Helps us become more proficient
- Helps us get the important tasks done
- Saves time
- Reduces the need for willpower
- Reduces procrastination
- Builds self confidence
- Helps us achieve our goals
- Better rest & sleep
HOW TO START A ROUTINE & STICK TO IT:
- First, write down everything you need to get done daily, both in your home life and at work (on a notepad or device – your choice)
- Structure your day into 3 sections, morning, midday and night. Think about when you’re most productive and group your tasks into the time of day that makes the most sense for when you will best complete them…
- Be specific, this will encourage you to award yourself for the little things, like making your bed, having a shower, having breakfast etc.
- Life gets in the way of even the most detailed of routines, so leave time for flexibility.
- Allocate time to rest & rehabilitate!
- Reward yourself by ticking off the points as you go.
IF YOU NEED SOME HELP GETTING STARTED, HERE IS A LIST OF ACTIVITIES TO INCLUDE:
- Reciting what you are grateful for
- Journaling or free writing
- Walking outdoors
- Listening to great music
- Making a nutritious breakfast such as Overnight Oats
It takes 21 days to make a habit and 90 days to make it a permanent lifestyle change, so start today with GSN Life…
Try it & let us know how it goes on our socials – @goldstandardnutrition