A unconventional twist on the traditional Sunday Dinner with Cranberry Sauce is emulated in this recipe. Simple, easy and all wrapped up conveniently in a pancake.
- Gold Standard Nutrition Steam Cooked Chicken Fillet – 1
- Ground Almonds – 6 Table Spoons
- Large Egg – 1
- Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk – 200ml
- Fresh Spinach Leaves – 1 Cup
- Cranberries – 2 Teaspoons (more if required)
- The most complex part of this recipe is the pancake. Once you have made this a few times it will become natural.
- In a jug or mixing bowl crack your egg, add your milk and your almonds. Mix well with a whisk until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spray coconut oil onto the bottom of the frying pan and turn on to a medium heat. Pour in the batter mix and make sure you tilt it to give an even coverage.
- Meanwhile pre-heat your grill and slice your Gold Standard Nutrition chicken breast. Cook the chicken in a wok with the cranberries.
- When the pancake is almost cooked on the under side (check by lifting it a little at the edge), place the frying pan under the grill.
- Finish cooking the chicken whilst the pancake browns.
- Slide the pancake on to a plate.
- Empty the chicken & cranberries on to one half of the pancake and add the spinach leaves.
- Fold the pancake over and drizzle the add more cranberries for a fruity flavour addition.
This recipe was submitted by Dr Emma Kirke. To stay up to date with her amazing recipes check out @DrEKirkeOstm on Twitter, www.medicinalkitchen.wordpress.co.uk and search the hashtag #medicinalKitchen on Instagram.
If you would like to have a meal of yours featured on our blog
, please email an ingredients list, method and some photos taken throughout the process of making it, to email@example.com.